The past few months have been tough for everyone! Families, Friends, and Small Businesses alike. We are working hard to create a safe environment to welcome you back to visit us here in Niagara on the Lake....
Are you still operating Wine Tours?
We have currently suspended all Vehicle and Bicycle Tours until June 2nd 2020, as we are following Provincial Regulations.
How will Grape Escape be promoting safety
- Masks - Our Tour Guides will all be wearing masks whilst driving your vehicles, and anywhere deemed appropriate based on current federal and provincial guidelines. When making your tour reservation you may also request that your guide wear a mask for the entire day. It is also likely that we will be requesting guests to wear masks in the tour vehicles, this will be updated based on current guidelines
- Gloves - Our Tour Guides will be wearing a fresh glove each time they open the vehicle door for you througout your trip. Our guides would always usually carry your wine out to the vehicle if you make any purchases. We feel this season it will be prudent to have guests carry their own wine to the vehcile and place it in a box that will be prepared for your group in advance.
- Bicycle Helmets - We will continue to offer Bicycle Helmets as part of the tour price have always and will continue to thoroughly sanitize the helmets after use. We will however strongly encourage guests to bring their own bicycle helmet to use.
How Often do you Clean & Sanitize the Vehicles?
Our Standard Practice has always been to Power Wash the exterior, Vacuum, and Polish the interior trim daily. We have updated our cleaning and sanitizing procedure to include;
- Hard surfaces in all vehicles to be sanitized daily prior to Tour Departure
- Soft surfaces in all vehicles will be disinfected with spray bottles and dried
- Vehcile Handles will be sanitized after each use at each locations througout the day
Do you Sanitize the Hand Grips on the Bicycles?
We have always maintained a first class fleet of bicycles and pride ourselves in ensuring that they are always clean for each days tours. Extra care and attention will be taken for the coming weeks/months to ensure that the hand grips will be sanitized after each use.
Do you and the wineries have handwashing stations?
We do have two handwashing sinks in our main HQ and all of the wineries do have washrooms for handwashing.
Can I book a Private Tour for just me and my group?
We do offer Private Tours and will be offering Special Discounts in the short-term, you can request a Private Tour quote by CLICKING HERE to complete a short survey to provide the information we need to send you a Custom Tour Quote
If we book a tour for the summer how many people will I be on Tour with?
All Tour Groups will be kept to the smallest size possible to allow for Social Distancing guidelines to be met.
Are there lots of people at the locations you visit?
The wineries have historically been busy on Saturdays, whilst other days of the week are usually much quieter. We are anticipating a reduction in guests travelling, along with limited numbers being allowed in the wineries at any one time.
I have a tour booked and it looks unlikely that we can make it
Understandably we have processed an unprecedented number of cancellations over the past 8 weeks, and we have now reached a point where there looks to be some end in sight with careful, steady, and cautious re-openings across the province. If you and your group feel that you would like to make changes to your tour, we have the following options available;
- Keep the tour as scheduled for now,
- Place the tour on hold to be rescheduled in the next 2 years,
- Reschedule for another date if you already have a new date selected
- Convert the tour into One Gift Certificate or Multiple Gift Certificates to give as Birthday or Christmas Gifts
We do not want anyone to lose their money and will ensure that we do everything we can to provide as many options as possible to allow you to use the funds that have been pre-paid.
We would like to book a tour but are concerned that if we have to cancel we will lose our money and have to pay the cancellation fee?
If we are unable to provide the service we promised when you made the reservation your tour will be 100% refundable!
Please feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any other questions or concerns.
Essentially we are looking to make every effort possible to provide a safe environment for you to join us on one of our tours this season. If you are well and healthy and enjoy visiting Niagara Wine Country we would love to see you on one of our tours.
This is a great time to look to book one of our Bicycle Tours for this summer & enjoy riding along country trails & lanes in the beautiful landscape of the countryside.